Bigoted democrat run high school wants to shut down off-campus 'Jesus Lunch'
Leroy N. Soetoro
2016-04-17 18:44:05 UTC
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/04/14/high-school-wants-to-shut-down-
off-campus-jesus-lunch.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

There’s a religious liberty standoff underway in Middleton, Wisconsin.

On one side is a group of Christian moms armed with Chick-fil-A sandwiches
and 400 homemade brownies. On the other side are public school
administrators who believe that Jesus and plump juicy chicken breasts are
“divisive.”

The controversy surrounds an off-campus lunch event involving students at
Middleton High School known as “Jesus Lunch.”

The high school allows students to eat lunch off-campus. In 2014 a small
group of parents began meeting with their children in a nearby park —
providing home cooked meals along with a Christian-themed, inspirational
message.

The small weekly gatherings in the fall and spring eventually morphed into
a popular gathering spot for hungry kids — with nearly 500 turning out for
all sorts of goodies — ranging from Chick-fil-A sandwiches and fresh fruit
to hundreds of homemade brownies.

“We show up every week just to show the love of Jesus,” parent Beth
Williams told me. “Our mission statement for Jesus Lunch is ‘food for the
body, nutrition for the soul.’”

Superintendent Donald Johnson and Principal Stephen Plank called the off-
campus religious gatherings “divisive” and they want the weekly non-
denominational meetings shut down.

“We believe that religious or political events do not have a place in our
school or on our campus, except when sponsored by a student group in
accordance with our rules, which require prior approval,” the pair wrote
in an email sent to parents on April 12.

The district accused the moms of violating all sorts of rules — especially
in the area of food preparation. They implied the parents are putting
their children in danger by hosting the weekly picnics.

“The policies in question include food handling, visitors to campus, and
expectations around student organized events,” the administrators wrote.
“We are in no way interested in opposing religious practice in otherwise
legal circumstances.”

The district said parents are ignoring “food handling standards.”

“Food of any kind that is served to students must be approved by the
school/district to ensure food safety, cleanliness and health,” they
wrote. “In addition, many students are subject to food allergies, so
additional protocols must be followed to safeguard students with these
conditions.”

I grew up in the Deep South. Had a school administrator slandered the
great homemakers in my town like they did in Middleton -- they would’ve
been facing a mob armed with cast iron skillets.

“These are mothers,” attorney Phillip Stamman told me. “they are spending
all their time and effort to show love for these kids and now they are
being attacked by a superintendent and principal — trying to intimidate
them.”

Stamman is representing the moms as they figure out how to respond to the
school district’s hostility towards home-cooking and Jesus.

“The [school district] is going after them because they are spreading a
religious message,” Stamman tells me. “They are upset because they are
sharing Christianity.”

The attorney has a valid point. What if it had been a gathering of
students protected under “non-discrimination laws”? I suspect the district
would not only have approved the gathering -- but also endorsed it.

And their argument over the safety of the food is a bit of a stretch. The
district doesn’t seem to have a problem with kids going to McDonalds or
Taco Bell. So why are they so bothered by youngsters gathering off campus
in a public park?

Well, the district is arguing that the public park is technically on
campus. They have a lease agreement with the city that allows them to use
the park during school hours. So the district contends the moms and their
offspring are technically on school property.

“The parents contend that it is their First Amendment Right to provide
free food and hold a religiously oriented event on this property during
school hours,” the administrators wrote. “The District believes that we
have jurisdiction of this leased property, which is part of our campus.”

The moms believe that even though there is a lease agreement — that
doesn’t make the public space off-limits.

“Fireman's Park -- a public park owned by the City of Middleton -- remains
accessible to everyone in the public for the purposes of assembly and free
speech,” they wrote in a statement. “By law, the lease agreement between
the city and the School District of Middleton does not privatize the park.

The City of Middleton has sent us a letter this week and acknowledged our
rental agreement of the pavilion at Fireman's Park.”

So hence, the standoff — between the goodhearted moms and a bunch of
public school administrative bullies who don’t under the concept of free
speech or religious liberty.

I suspect the principal and superintendent are about to discover a
valuable life lesson. You don’t tug on Superman’s cape and you don’t mess
with a bunch of moms armed with homemade brownies.
--
Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $19 trillion in the six
years he has been in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood

Barack Obama, reelected by the dumbest voters in the history of the United
States of America. The only American president to deliberately import a
lethal infectious disease from Africa, Ebola.

Loretta Fuddy, killed after she "verified" Obama's phony birth
certificate.

Nancy Pelosi, Democrat criminal, accessory before and after the fact to
improper vetting of Barry Soetoro aka Barack Hussein Obama, a confirmed
felon using SSAN 042-68-4425, belonging to a dead man.

Obama ignored the brutal killing of an American diplomat in Benghazi, then
relieved American military officers who attempted to prevent said murder
in order to cover up his own ineptitude.

Obama continues his muslim goal of disarming America while ObamaCare
increases insurance premiums 300% and leaves millions without health care.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
Just Wondering
2016-04-18 09:01:32 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
[...]
This sounds like satire from the Daily Onion. It's absolutely incredible
that a school district would act so dumb.
Peter Franks
2016-04-26 21:48:09 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/04/14/high-school-wants-to-shut-down-
off-campus-jesus-lunch.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
There’s a religious liberty standoff underway in Middleton, Wisconsin.
On one side is a group of Christian moms armed with Chick-fil-A sandwiches
and 400 homemade brownies. On the other side are public school
administrators who believe that Jesus and plump juicy chicken breasts are
“divisive.”
A 'Jesus lunch' is only divisive to the intolerant.

Conclusion: the schools supports and advocates intolerance.